I like parties. Not that I actually like TO party...that's a different animal, altogether. But I like parties. The planning, the invites, the preparation, the anticipation. I'm bossy. And organized. And creative. And these are the reasons why you would want me to take over your event.
Oh. That and the champagne. Don't forget the champagne. See, when you let the bossy, creative and organized girl handle your party...you get to drink more champagne. And how can you beat that?

Sunday, March 06, 2011

'B' Stands For Budget. And Beautiful. And Brilliant. And...




Ok, so it's been a hot minute since I've posted. So much for my gallant efforts to change the blogosphere with my daily contributions of insight, humor and priceless tips. How do you people do it? How exactly does one work a full time job, start a business, care for a preschooler, spend time with a husband, maintain relationships with family and friends and still manage to find time for social networking and blogging? Short of cloning myself I'm not sure it can be done, but I aim to find out.


In the meantime, I wanted to share my excitement for the amazing direction budget wedding dresses are headed! Now, walk with me for a second. Even if you're not engaged...chances are you know someone who is. So, tell them this secret: David's Bridal isn't the only option for dresses on a budget! There are other choices that simply didn't exist 5 years ago. Some people have the money to spend on extravagant dresses and some either don't or simply don't find it practical. Well, before now it was unfortunate that unless you got a 2nd mortgage on your home the dress choices for budget conscious girls wasn't up to par. And Buffy Worthington isn't the only gal who deserves to look gorgeous on her wedding day!
Most everyone has seen the gowns and bridesmaids dresses at J Crew; they range from $350 to $3,000 and this silk chiffon Arabelle gown (image 3) is one of my favorites. At only $495 there is no reason why you can't feel like a goddess on your wedding day. I discovered that The Limited also has ridiculously low priced (no more than $400) and exceptionally stylish dresses to don to say you do. I think the lace and satin tier gown (image 2) is gorgeous! One of my absolute favorites to launch is the BHLDN line from Anthropologie (image 1)...romantic and poetic, these gowns are exactly what one would expect from them. While these are slightly more expensive with most of them in the $1600 range they do offer some sassy dresses for $600 and a couple of breath taking, red carpet worthy gowns for $4,000.
So, when you consider the websites that are selling used dresses such as www.preownedweddingdresses.com and www.oncewed.com coupled with these online stores there is really no reason why everyone of every budget can't find a beautiful gown and give Buffy a run for her money!


No comments:

Post a Comment